Contact Info / Websites
Today, I scouted my 100 artist for the Art Portal, and I decided to write a post about the matter, talking about how scouting has been lately and how it has changed during the years I've been here. I hope this can be helpful for people and also, work like a way for other artists to start scouting and checking the unscouting list of newgrounds more often.
I was scouted on early 2013 by Exedor, back then I got the Portal Invite from 3 different artists and to be honest, I didn't had a clue of what this was. I never knew there existed the scouting process until much later, when I noticed Exedor's name appeared on the bottom of my art submitions page. That was when I started to investigate about it and I understood what it meant, and eventually, I also started to scout people myself.
I don't know what it is, but now, on 2015, the number of artists that actively scout others is much lower... which makes me pretty sad. Seing people that have been submiting their art for months, or even years, with a decent quality and good content, but that are not scouted yet, is what made me write this. In the end, when you scout an artist, you are allowing their art to appear on the Art Portal, and have the chance to get more feedback about their creations, eventually allowing them to improve too. Is just a win/win situation and it doesn't take much time to do it. There are a lot of great artists waiting for this chance, is not full of spam as some people think. One of my latest scouted artists even made it to the Feauted Art Front Page a few days ago!
I decided to share my knowledge with people that might be interested in scouting artists, but that aren't sure which art to support, how to do so, or how this all works. I hope this can help someone.
1) Always make sure that the user is submiting their own art. One way to check this is putting some of their pieces on Google Image Search to check if there are any matches. Also, be sure to see if they have links of their other art pages up on their profile and don't judge the signature of their art by their username. Sometimes people sign with their username of deviantart or just their real name.
2) Give different Art Styles a chance. Just because you draw realism doesn't mean that cartoon draws are bad, neither if you draw digitally doesn't make traditional paiting bad. There are no rules on which art is worthy to appear on the Art Portal, and as long as you see that the user gives a lot of work on their creations and this ones are interesting, then that's all what matters. Not all people will get 5 stars but getting 2 stars doesn't make it bad.
3) Check that they submit their art with the right Age Rating. You know, Mature content must be published like it, and when it's nudity it must also be correctly announced on the rating of the piece. You need to be sure that the person you'll be scouting does this correctly since if you scout people that do things against the rules they will be pruned and you might be too, or get castrated.
4) If you are unsure when scouting someone, give them time! People improve and if they keep being active on Newgrounds they will keep publishing their art. Maybe in the future you'll be more confortable with scouting them. I highly suggest this with new accounts. If someone just posted 4 art pieces and registered on the same day, it's a better option to wait a little bit before scouting.
5) Finally, don't be scared to scout. Some scouting guidelines make it all sound quite scary because of the punishments there are for scouting the wrong people and so. But if you follow my previous advices, you won't have anything to fear.
LET'S ALL HELP TO KEEP ART ALIVE ON NEWGROUNDS!
I wanted to take the time to thank everyone who commented on my last post, where I talked about my depression and current status, I'm doing much better and I look lo the future on a much brighter way than 3 months ago. I'm improving in myself and this year is being a year of a lot of changes for me. For this, thanks for the support!
I'll do my best to keep drawing soon to don't let my account collect dust for much longer. I might be taking some illustration or vector classes soon so probably some new art submitions will be following this way ;D
Kisses and hugs, stay strong <3
Life is hard but it has small pieces of happiness for which life is worth living.
I got an amazing gift from my godmother the last Christmas and I've decided to start with this proyect of drawing each horoscope sign on watercolors. This will probably take me a while but since I'm on holidays I'll make it my goal to draw them all in this month. I'm thinking on making chibi female illustrations with bright colors for this draws. I'll be uploading them here when I start finishing them.
(Brushes and set of watercolors I got)
I belive this is the first decent news I write for my Newgrounds account haha. I've been using the site daily again on this last weeks after months (or years) of not entering... I've been using the scouting art method often and also playing the new games that appear. I've been drawing digitally again after 6 months of not doing it (because I lost my tablet pen haha but a week ago I was able to find it again). I'm kind of sad seing my art, I haven't imporved a lot on this years, while other artists improve so much in just a year... this might be because I haven't been drawing but still... Anyway, I hope I get more lucky with art on watercolors than I do with digital.
Hey, I'm back ;D
I'm on summer vacations so I'm finally free to come here more often... I will try to use this months to draw and submit a couple of my artworks to the site. Sorry for the long post, I don't really have many news or things to say haha... just wanted to update this since the last one was from 2 years ago haha.
It's being a long time since I have draw something, so now that I'm on holidays I'm working on a new illustration, this time of Lily, my current favorite VOCALOID character! This will probably take me a few weeks since I want to give it a lot of details and a nice digital painting... but I hope you guys end up liking it.
I've wanted to draw something related to VOCALOID for the longest time, but I've being scared to do so since there're so many amazing artists that already make art about it... so this time I'll try to come up with something decent for the fandom, to be hopefully used later by fans in maybe... music or personal creations. That would be my main goal.
Anyway, I hope I can come up with it before 2014... if not, it will be my first submition of that year.
I feel the cold of the night touching my legs, stroking my skin
Whisppering maybe, letting herself be known in my whole...
I wonder if this is just my body reacting to my sickness
Or if it's my soul showing, at last, it's true holes...
I have tried to be strong, to be mature, to be good
My eyes are dry, no tear breaking them appart...
But I feel cold
Never being so cold
Never felt this... alone.
I wanted to change this since the last one has being there for a long time.
But I do have some news to write down!
Firstly, I was just seing my art... and wow, I really didn't knew they get any views. It was nice to find out that all are over the 200 views, and some even 700 or more than 1.000! It's a new thing to me, but anyway, thanks everyone for the views and nice ratings <3 I haven't being drawing a lot lately... I haven't got a lot of inspiration plus my tablet isn't sensitive on my Mac so I can't draw nice things digitaly... but somehow, it's my fault since I haven't even made the efford to search for tutorials to install it rightly, hehehe... Maybe soon I will, and I'll draw more... maybe.
Now another exciting new! Tomorrow I'm getting a lovely Canon HD video camera with a lot of nice features! I'm really curious to try the video world... maybe I'll be able to upload some things here (:
That's it for now, thanks for reading.
My name is Rachel, I'm a student of Graphic Design and a lover of mini games and great digital art. I was born in Barcelona but I live on Chile so I speak both English and Spanish. I wish to upload things on the site in a future but so far I made my account to appreciate all the amazing games that people update on the site.